Better Us Initiative
Introducing Undivided: a six-week experiential journey that helps build understanding and empathy to bridge racial divides. For 2 hours per week, participants of all races will hear from history experts through the perspective of race, participate in small group discussions to process together and learn from one another, and take part in activities and assignments that foster deep connections with members of your community.Next Cohort Begins in July
Undivided Interest Form
Better Us Initiative
The Y welcomes everyone to grow in a healthy spirit, mind and body; achieving goals, deepening relationships and finding a true sense of belonging. We welcome all ages, abilities, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, races, religions and beliefs, and socioeconomic statuses. A Better Us means everyone has an equitable seat at the table.
The A Better Us Initiative is the overarching umbrella for the following programs and services:
- Black & Latino Achievers Program: A national college and career readiness program supporting students of color in setting and reaching higher education and career goals.
- Membership For All: A scholarship program providing access to Y programs and services for individuals and families. Currently 44% of scholarships awards are for BIPOC families and individuals.
- 21-Day Equity Challenge: A program for the community that challenges us to examine how we perpetuate racism in our everyday lives and can become anti-racist by unlearning our toxic mindset through education, communication, and action.
- Undivided: A free, 6-week virtual journey focused on healing our racial divide. The program helps participants build relationships that further racial solidarity and promote justice.
- Community Action Collaborative: A program bringing together volunteers and community leaders together for conversations and projects with a goal of strengthening the community through diversity and inclusion.
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Global Engagement (DIG): Understanding the many factors that make up and influence a person’s individuality helps us engage, connect, and serve all members of our communities. DIG helps our staff expand their knowledge and understanding to better serve our members and guests.
Equity Challenge Partners