SERVING COMMUNITY NEVER STOPPED
The way we will care for one another has been impacted by the pandemic. How the Y will help others grow in spirit, mind, and body may forever be changed as a result. Standing together, we can chart a stronger path forward for ourselves, our neighbors, and our community.Give Online
Water Safety Donation Drive
YOU can help kids stay safe this summer by helping them learn to swim! Drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional death among children ages 1-14 years, yet drowning is preventable. You can help keep children in your community safe this summer by donating funds that will be used to purchase water safety items (swimsuits, life jackets/Puddle Jumpers, goggles, towels, and more) or donating to pay for a child’s swim lessons.
Together, we can create a safer community for ALL children this summer. The Y is here for all, here for good – because of you.
The Annual Campaign provides critical funding that enables the Y to make an impact throughout our community and live out our mission.
- 106,793 members strive toward their goals
- 1,572 preschoolers ready for kindergarten
- 4,617 afterschool students thrive
- 2,681 kids have their best summer ever
- 7,495 young athletes build confidence
- $584,000 awarded in college scholarships
- 372,000 free meals served
- 1,008 teens gain work experience
- 4,082 campers discover independence
- 18,984 seniors connect meaningfully
- 6,167 safer swimmers
- 3,072 volunteers give back
- 4,500 donors advance our mission
- $2,605,000 given to under-resourced neighbors
A Better Us Initiative
The Y welcomes everyone to grow in a healthy spirit, mind and body; achieving goals, deepening relationships and finding a true sense of belonging. We welcome all ages, abilities, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, races, religions and beliefs, and socio-economic statuses. A Better Us means everyone has an equitable seat at the table.
The A Better Us Initiative is the overarching umbrella for the following programs and services:
- Black & Latino Achievers Program: A national college and career readiness program supporting students of color in setting and reaching higher education and career goals.
- Membership For All: A scholarship program providing access to Y programs and services for individuals and families. Currently 44% of scholarships awards are for BIPOC families and individuals.
- 21-Day Equity Challenge: A program for the community that challenges us to examine how we perpetuate racism in our everyday lives and can become anti-racist by unlearning our toxic mindset through education, communication, and action.
- Undivided: A free, 6-week virtual journey focused on healing our racial divide. The program helps participants build relationships that further racial solidarity and promote justice.
- Community Action Collaborative: A program bringing together volunteers and community leaders together for conversations and projects with a goal of strengthening the community through diversity and inclusion.
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Global Engagement (DIG): Understanding the many factors that make up and influence a person’s individuality helps us engage, connect, and serve all members of our communities. DIG helps our staff expand their knowledge and understanding to better serve our members and guests.
Impact generations to come by planning a gift as part of your estate or financial plans. Including: Wills, Trusts, Bonds and Securities, Property, Annuities.
Please make checks payable to YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, Office of Financial Development, 1105 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Fund an Initiative
See of your employer matches charitable gifts.
Search our list to see if your employer matches gifts.
More Ways to Give
Stock gift, wire transfer, tributes, most any way… we let you pay! We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (Tax ID Number: 31-0537178).