MASK UPDATE (for YMCA of Greater Cincinnati locations in Ohio)
With the guidance of the health department — the addition of sneeze guards, air purifiers and other safety protocols at our branch facilities — we are now ready to move forward with easing some of the mask requirements, effective Monday, March 8, 2021.
- We recommend wearing a mask at all times.
- Everyone (ages 6 and up) is required to wear a mask when entering and moving through common areas of the building.
- Masks are not required during vigorous activity. (Ex: playing basketball, classes, cardio, weight room and youth sports)
- Masks are not required for swimming.
- Group exercise instructors, personal trainers, lifeguards, branch staff and youth coaches are required to wear masks at all times.
Know that our primary concern focuses on the health and safety of our staff and members. We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and recommendations. Kentucky YMCA’s, as mandated by the state, must continue to comply with more stringent mask guidelines through March 2021.
If you have any questions or concerns about the updated mask policy, please contact leadership at your YMCA branch facility.