Preschool Swim Lessons (Ages 3-5)
Stage 1: Water Acclimation | Preschool Swim Lessons
Develop comfort with underwater exploration and learn to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water.
- Submerge bob independently
- Front glide assisted, to wall, 5 ft.
- Water exit independently
- Jump, push, turn, grab assisted
- Back glide assisted, at wall, 5 ft.
- Front float assisted, 10 secs., recover independently
- Swim, float, swim assisted, 10 ft.
- Back float assisted, 10 secs., recover independently
- Roll assisted, back to front & front to back
Stage 2: Water Movement | Preschool Swim Lessons
Focus on body position and control, directional change, and forward movement in the water.
- Submerge look at object on bottom
- Front glide 5 ft.
- Jump, push, turn, grab
- Front float 10 secs.
- Roll back to front & front to back, float 10 secs.
- Tread water 10 secs., near wall, & exit
- Back glide 5 ft.
- Swim, float, swim 5 yd.
Stage 3: Water Stamina | Preschool Swim Lessons
Learn how to swim to safety from a longer distance than in previous stages. Also introduces integrated arm and leg action.
- Submerge Retrieve object in chest-deep water
- Swim on Front 10 yd.
- Water Exit independently
- Jump, Swim, Turn, Swim, Grab 10 yd.
- Swim on Back 10 yd.
- Tread Water 30 secs. & exit
- Swim, Float, Swim 15 yd.
Stage 4: Stroke Introduction | Preschool Swim Lessons
Develop stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick.
- Endurance any stroke or combination of strokes, 25 yd.
- Front Crawl rotary breathing, 15 yd.
- Back Crawl 15 yd.
- Dive sitting
- Resting Stroke elementary backstroke, 15 yd.
- Tread Water scissor & whip kick, 1 min.
- Breaststroke kick, 15 yd.
- Butterfly kick, 15 yd.