With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give those around them the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.Find Opportunities
Benefits of Volunteering
Becoming a volunteer means that you will not only be providing real benefits to your community, but you will be making a difference in someone’s life. Become a vital part of the YMCA. Your special talents would really make a difference.
- Develop Professionally: Develop stronger professional and leadership skills.
- Feel Fulfilled: Boost your self-esteem by helping people of all ages and cultures.
- Live Longer: Volunteering has been proven to extend life.
- Make Friends: Remove social barriers and strengthen personal relationships by working toward a common goal.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer to help the Y!
We need leaders to help raise funds, coach youth sports, and participate in opportunities that give back to the community.
- Individuals: Find a volunteer opportunity that fits your schedule.
- Teens: Serve as the Kid’s Club Assistant, Pool Deck Assistant, and more.
- Families: Special Events and Clean Up days are a perfect fit for families.
- Companies, Teams, Organizations: Bring in your team for a day!
Throughout the year, and especially during the Annual Campaign, we rely on our volunteers to be ambassadors and champions of our mission. This is achieved through sharing our stories, communicating our impact, connecting people to our cause and providing them the opportunity to give back to their community by volunteering and donating. There are so many types of volunteers needed, especially this year! You can sign up to be a virtual fundraiser, make phone calls, or simply help share our stories of impact!
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y.
- Seasonally: Coach a team, tutor kids, mentor a teen, or teach swimming.
- Monthly: Connect seniors, work at Kids’ Night In, or bring small groups.
- Year-Round: Serve at the Welcome Center, as a Member Ambassador, assisting maintenance or lifeguards, as a Wellness Advocate, or build beautification.
- Once-Yearly: Work at special events, the Underwater Egg Hunt, Healthy Kid’s Day, Spring Cleaning, Fall Festival, or Fall Clean-Up.
- Board Member: Work with branch facility leadership to establish goals and priorities of branches. Serve as a strong link between the Y and the community.
Togetherhood® is transforming communities nationwide!
The Y’s Togetherhood® program connects people from all backgrounds to plan and carry out volunteer projects that address a real need in their community. Togetherhood® leverages the Y’s charitable mission to unlock people’s potential to improve lives and create a more connected society.
Because of you, the Y is able to accomplish so much more and have an even greater impact on our community. We invite you to plan your own volunteering initiatives!