With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give those around them the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.Find Opportunities
Benefits of Volunteering
Becoming a volunteer means that you will not only be providing real benefits to your community, but you will be making a difference in someone’s life. Become a vital part of the YMCA. Your special talents would really make a difference.
- Develop Professionally: Develop stronger professional and leadership skills.
- Feel Fulfilled: Boost your self-esteem by helping people of all ages and cultures.
- Live Longer: Volunteering has been proven to extend life.
- Make Friends: Remove social barriers and strengthen personal relationships by working toward a common goal.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer to help the Y!
We need leaders to help raise funds, coach youth sports, and participate in opportunities that give back to the community.
- Individuals: Find a volunteer opportunity that fits your schedule.
- Teens: Serve as the Kid’s Club Assistant, Pool Deck Assistant, and more.
- Families: Special Events and Clean Up days are a perfect fit for families.
- Companies, Teams, Organizations: Bring in your team for a day!
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y.
- Seasonally: Coach a team, tutor kids, mentor a teen, or teach swimming.
- Monthly: Connect seniors, work at Kids’ Night In, or bring small groups.
- Year-Round: Serve at the Welcome Center, as a Member Ambassador, assisting maintenance or lifeguards, as a Wellness Advocate, or build beautification.
- Once-Yearly: Work at special events, the Underwater Egg Hunt, Healthy Kid’s Day, Spring Cleaning, Fall Festival, or Fall Clean-Up.
- Board Member: Work with branch facility leadership to establish goals and priorities of branches. Serve as a strong link between the Y and the community.