As the weather cools down, the action heats up in our gymnasium during winter youth basketball. Register now for the January-February session of Junior Bearcats Basketball at the Blue Ash YMCA.
YMCA youth basketball helps children learn the fundamentals while improving their skills in a supportive environment. Volunteer coaches teach the basics of the game through team and individual skill drills. Additionally, there are no tryouts and everybody gets equal playing time.
Most importantly, your children will have fun and build new friendships with their teammates. At the end of the season, all YMCA athletes should learn the following:
- The value of hard work
- The importance of teamwork
- New skills to enhance their game play
- Strong sportsmanship
- The importance of the YMCA’s 5 Character Traits – Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith
- Registration: November 1 – December 28
- First Practice Day: Monday, January 6
- First Saturday: January 11
- 10-13 year olds practice on Wednesday or Thursday
- 8-9 year olds practice on Monday or Tuesday
- 6-7 year olds practice on Tuesday or Wednesday
- 4-5 year olds practice for 30 minutes before playing a 30 minute on Saturday Morning
- 3 year olds practice for 30 minutes before playing a 30 minute game on Thursday nights
- 3 year olds games are on Tuesday nights at the Blue Ash YMCA
- 4-5 year olds games play on Saturday morning at the Blue Ash YMCA
- 6-7 year olds play on Saturday morning at the Blue Ash YMCA
- 8-13 year olds play on Saturday afternoons (Games rotate between the Blue Ash YMCA, Gamble-Nippert YMCA, and the Clippard YMCA)
*We will do our best to place children on their first practice day choice, however, please be sure the alternative practice day works as well in the case your first choice is not assigned.