With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give those around them the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.Find Opportunities
Benefits of Volunteering
Becoming a volunteer means that you will not only be providing real benefits to your community, but you will be making a difference in someone’s life. Become a vital part of the YMCA; your special talents would really make a difference.
- Professional Development: Develop stronger professional and leadership skills.
- Personal Fulfillment: Higher self-esteem developed by helping people of all ages and cultures.
- Live Longer: Volunteering has been proven to extend life.
- Make Friends: Removes social barriers and strengthens personal relationships when working toward a common goal.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer to help the Y!
We need leaders to help raise funds, coach youth sports and participate in opportunities that give back to the community.
- Individuals: Find a volunteer opportunity that fits your schedule
- Teens: Examples are Kid’s Club Assistant, Pool Deck Assistant
- Families: Special Events and Clean Up days are a perfect fit
- Companies, Teams, Organizations: Bring your team in for a day
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y.
- Seasonally: Coach a Team; Tutoring Kids; Mentor a Teen; Teach Swimming
- Monthly: Connect Seniors; Kid’s Night In; Small Group
- Year-Round: Welcome Center; Member Ambassador; Assist Maintenance; Assist Lifeguard; Wellness Advocate; Building Beautification
- Once-Yearly: Special Events; Underwater Egg Hunt; Healthy Kid’s Day; Spring Cleaning; Fall Festival; Fall Clean-Up
- Board Member: Work with branch facility leadership to establish goals and priorities of branches. Serve as a strong link between the Y and the community.
Togetherhood® is transforming communities nationwide!
The Y’s Togetherhood® program connects people from all backgrounds to plan and carry out volunteer projects that address a real need in their community. Togetherhood® leverages the Y’s charitable mission to unlock people’s potential to improve lives and create a more connected society.
Because of you, the Y is able to accomplish so much more and have an even greater impact on our community. We invite you to plan your own volunteering initiatives!